• Memory: 4GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive # 2: 40GB IDE
      • Optical Drive # 1: Sony DVD+/-RW DL
      • Power Supply: 400W
      • Monitor: 21" Acer
    Gold Donor
    Steam ID: wafflesandsyrup

Thumbs down Some thoughts on my mind

Played a few games with the guys from clan "Gank to Kill" tonight. One thing I noticed that was different than what we've been doing the past million games: Good communication, and ganking.

Ha, ha. Irony, right? "Gank to Kill" does gank, that's a knee-slapper! But it works. They stop laning when laning phase is over, the farmers know when and how to farm, but most of all, they have one or two guys who know what they're doing, with a commanding voice, that take leadership and tells the team what to do, when to do it, and where it's all going down, and the rest of the team knows to follow these orders if they want to win. This roughly translates into successful fights, where our team gets the upper-hand and usually take down a few of the opponents, with little to no casualties from our side of the river. Now they're not right 100% of the time, and sometimes you need to deviate from the plan to stay alive as the carry, or to juke someone who just ran past you. But for the most part, you listened to them, you followed them, and generally, you'd win the team fight or game.

We lack the communication, the teamwork, even the comradery, that I've seen in just about every other lightly-skilled games between organized teams. As it stands now, we're not just bad because we have no skill. We're bad because we're not a team. How to play the game well can be taught by someone with the necessary knowledge of a game's mechanics and strategy, but nobody can tell us how to be a team, or how to communicate with each other. If we don't get this done right, we might as well not even try to pubstomp, and just revert back to being a bunch of random people with the same clan tag.

And settling for anything less than being a pubstomp group is unacceptable, even if we never enter another competition for the life of the game.

Re: Some thoughts on my mind

I actually think this is what should occur on low-skill teams.

When I play with skilled players I think less communication is necessary as everyone practically knows what to do at all times. Noone needs to call dibs on farm noone is standing around doing nothing before teamfights unless ppl are waiting for the right positioning by other teammates. People don't bunch together. Noone asks, what are we doing now... because everyone knows what to do during mid-game/late-game. We ignore people who are screaming to force pushes, or whatever. Only thing people do is generally ping warnings and coordinate e-z ganks.
    Last edited by Rokur; 06-30-2010 at 10:14 PM.

• Computer Specs
      • Case: Antec 300
      • Motherboard: MSI 870-G45 AM3
      • Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 440 Rana 3.0GHz 95W Triple-Core
      • Memory: OCZ Gold 4GB DDR3 1333
      • Video Card # 1: HIS Radeon HD 5550 1GB 128-bit
      • Hard Drive # 1: WD Caviar Blue 500g
      • Optical Drive # 1: LG 22x DvD burner
      • Power Supply: Rosewill Libertas Series 650w
      • Monitor: Hanns-G 28' 3ms LCD
      • Operating System: Windows 7
    Steam ID: mmm_pankakes

Ping the map. Your team should know if it means danger, rune, come, run away, etc..

Place wards. Everywhere. Even having 4 up at a time can give you easy kills and also save ur ass.

Eh, its HoN.... You don't need anyone telling you how to play, if some random started commanding me id get really pissed off and definitely mute him.

It's just that the HoN community is a big pile of shit. Gamers that dont speak english, people that have been gaming back to back games, ragequitters, griefers, trolls... etc.
    Ur gonna have to just play with the same people every time if you want communication like that, or just get lucky with a nice group of randoms... but good luck with that (Aaaand here comes the Brazilian guy that picks scout) XD
    Fear the chiprel.

• Computer Specs
      • Case: Antec Nine Hundred Two
      • Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
      • Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W
      • Memory: 8 gigs G.SKILL Flare 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000)
      • Video Card # 1: PNY GTX 470
      • Hard Drive # 1: 120gig Crucial RealSSD 6g/s
      • Hard Drive # 2: 120gig Crucial RealSSD 6g/s
      • Hard Drive # 3: Seagate 7200 200gig SATA
      • Hard Drive # 4: WD 7200 300gig SATA
      • Optical Drive # 1: LG Blue Ray/DVD
      • Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply
      • Sound Card: Soundblaster XFI Extreme
      • Monitor: HANNSPREE 23 inch
      • Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
      • Headset: Logitech G930
    Gold Donor
    New Server Contributor
    Steam ID: MDWCV20

This teeters on the edge of thread necro, but. Try having 400 people in one TeamSpeak channel. When the FC (Fleet Commander)says STFU!!! you STFU!!!. You do as your told or you're gone. Quickly. Seen this many times in Eve.
    6. Enjoys playing a novelty class, and he will backstab you, no matter how pro you are.
    The Count:violent sucKtion

Wannabe Crazy Canadian EverBlue's Avatar
    • Computer Specs
      • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.8GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
      • Memory: 3326MB RAM
      • Video Card # 1: Radeon X 1650 Series
      • Hard Drive # 1: 200GB
      • Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
    Gold Donor
    New Server Contributor
    XFIRE ID: EverBlue91 Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964654669 HLSTATS ID: 746

Yeah, well, EVE is a lot different.
    Had a buddy of mine tell me stories of the discipline they'd use in large alliances. And truth be told, it's needed when you're dealing with that many people.
    Only the insane have the strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.