• Processor: q9450
      • Memory: 4gb 1066mhz
      • Video Card # 1: ati hd xt 2900
      • Hard Drive # 1: 750gb 10000rpm
      • Hard Drive # 2: 500gb 7200rpm
      • Power Supply: 600W
      • Sound Card: onboard
      • Monitor: LG p237 wr+lg l194wt
      • Operating System: windows 7 release canidate (and as many random vm's that i feel like making)
    Bronze Donor
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989088397 HLSTATS ID: [iO] idiealot

HoN: Hard Carry

Found my new favorite pubstomping hero... HAR HAR HAR its Scout. I think maybe some people could learn from this replay and how hard carrying works. WIP Match Replay It entails "rice farming" just non-stop farming for the first 40 minutes and then coming out of nowhere with a quad kill or a rape. I finally decided to help my team as my core items were farmed, I was nearby, and my team was starting to be killed in teamfights. These are the normal Prereqs for teamfights with a hard carry (go if you have your items or if you know you will get a kill). I was at level 25 for ~20 minutes and had so much gold I decided to buy a doombringer in one purchase and I actually lost my doombringer for 5 minutes. Just check the replay you'll like it... I even talk a little smack as every scout should do.
    I cant believe I got 446 GPM. It was a epic instagib fest and you should have heard the doubting by pebbles.
    Last edited by idiealot; 06-09-2010 at 11:44 PM.
    Who's Eric? Us?

Gold Donor
    XFIRE ID: danieljacks0n Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000486337 HLSTATS ID: 65761

Re: HoN: Hard Carry

Assuming your team doesn't get destroyed without you and tries to concede/kick you.
    aka Davkul

• Computer Specs
      • Motherboard: Gigabyte ds3r ep45
      • Processor: q9450
      • Memory: 4gb 1066mhz
      • Video Card # 1: ati hd xt 2900
      • Hard Drive # 1: 750gb 10000rpm
      • Hard Drive # 2: 500gb 7200rpm
      • Power Supply: 600W
      • Sound Card: onboard
      • Monitor: LG p237 wr+lg l194wt
      • Operating System: windows 7 release canidate (and as many random vm's that i feel like making)
    Bronze Donor
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989088397 HLSTATS ID: [iO] idiealot

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    Assuming your team doesn't get destroyed without you and tries to concede/kick you.
    Yea. That right there is the biggest problem with hard carrying. It's best to hard carry when your team has some early game powerhouses so they don't get dominated in teamfights. Basically a four man pusher team with a hard carry or a 4 man crowd control team with a hard carry.
    If you hard carry while there are other hard carries then your team is pretty much wrecked until 50 minutes but only if you can make it that long.
    Who's Eric? Us?

I agree. If you don't have a team that can hold out while you farm or protect you while you farm you're pretty much screwed. Not to mention you're going to need a filter for all the qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq letters coming your way via the postal service of internet chat as the game goes along. If the opposite team can push towers and rax you before you get your core items the game is over. Not to mention if they have a strong carry or ganker that could also screw you.