Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gold Donor

Hey iO team, any chance we can maybe get a map shuffle & add Hainan back?

Just a thought, mostly because playing back-to-back water levels irk me. And a fresh map rotation would help stir up the usual line up. Also, if Hainan Resort could be added back into rotation that would be awesome too. i know in the past the map had FPS issues but i do miss camping those roof elevators

Gold Donor
    Steam ID: msgt_bates

Re: Hey iO team, any chance we can maybe get a map shuffle & add Hainan back?

Well, aren't you are a needy fellow. I would say get rid of paracel storm for this. Even with the bad FPS issue, I do like this map.

Silver Donor
    New Server Contributor
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/baconoclock HLSTATS ID: http://stats.iogaming.net/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=147

Death to those who want storm removed!

Gold Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BaconOclock View Post
    Death to those who want storm removed!
    map is sooo boring now

Gold Donor

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT_BATES View Post
    Well, aren't you are a needy fellow. I would say get rid of paracel storm for this. Even with the bad FPS issue, I do like this map.

• Computer Specs
      • Processor: i7-920
      • Memory: 9GB
      • Video Card # 1: EVGA Nvidia GTX 760 Superclocked
      • Power Supply: 1KW
      • Monitor: 23"
      • Operating System: Win7
    Bronze Donor

You guys just want to camp the roof with C4, hah.
    I'm fine with the shift.

Blog Entries
    • Computer Specs
      • Case: LIAN LI PC-60BPLUSII W Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower
      • Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO
      • Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz
      • Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
      • Video Card # 1: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7950 Boost 3GB
      • Hard Drive # 1: SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
      • Hard Drive # 2: Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB
      • Hard Drive # 3: Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB
      • Hard Drive # 4: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB
      • Optical Drive # 1: PLEXTOR 18X DVD±R Super Multi DVD Burner
      • Optical Drive # 2: LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner
      • Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling S75QB 750W
      • Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Z
      • Monitor: NEC Display Solutions FE992-BK Black 19" CRT Monitor
      • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
      • Headset: SENNHEISER PC160
      • Mice: SteelSeries Kinzu v2 Optical Gaming Mouse
      • Keyboard: Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 White LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red Cherry MX)
    Steam ID: marrr

Quote Originally Posted by HSA_Falb0nur View Post
    Just a thought, mostly because playing back-to-back water levels irk me. And a fresh map rotation would help stir up the usual line up. Also, if Hainan Resort could be added back into rotation that would be awesome too. i know in the past the map had FPS issues but i do miss camping those roof elevators
    Post what kind of map rotation you would like to see, and maybe I can make some changes. I kinda like having the current rotation because it seems easier to fill up the server(Dunno how the sr/reg admins feel about it). If you have less popular maps at the start of the rotation it could cause people to leave the server. Which would make it harder to populate.

I could always add Hainan back to the rotation, but it sucks that it lags after a while.

• Computer Specs
      • Case: Thermaltake Armor A90
      • Motherboard: BIOSTAR TA990FXE
      • Processor: AMD FX-8350 8-Core Black Edition @ 4.0Ghz
      • Memory: G.SKILL 16GB
      • Video Card # 1: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X 3GB
      • Hard Drive # 1: OCZ Agility 4 128GB SSD
      • Hard Drive # 2: Seagate 1TB 7200rpm
      • Optical Drive # 1: LG Blu-Ray Combo Drive
      • Power Supply: CORSAIR CX750M
      • Monitor: Dell 27" 1080p LED IPS
      • Operating System: Windows 8 Pro
      • Headset: Audio Technica ATH-AD700
    Silver Donor

I think changing from Paracel to another popular map to start off with would help fill the server. Maybe Zavod?
    "Hey girl, iO servers never go down... but I do."

Gold Donor

Switching Flood Zone to somewhere between Locker and Dawn fixes the back to back water map 'issue'.
    Think Paracel, Zavod, Siege, Rogue (in whatever order) should stay the first 4 maps in rotation cause
    it's good to fill the server.

Not against adding back Hanain, unless the lag empties the server or gives too many complaints.

Gold Donor

Sorry guys, for whatever reason my email notifications stopped coming through so i never checked back here.

Marrr, i think the rotation is ok with the exception of Paracel Storm starting as the 1st map, and Flood Zone right afterwards. I'll get back with you on what would be awesome. Please understand i'm only voicing my PERSONAL opinion as someone who's in your server daily for the past ~6months now and it'd be nice for at least those two maps to be separated, and i understand that i'm not the only person playing so ultimately it's your call. Only trying to help

Does Hainan still lag even after the latest update? i have not played that map in a long time so i'm still not sure

Also, have you guys considered possibly running the pub with "Classic Mode"? maybe for even a weekend? This might not fit your pub's style but IMO i've been wanting to explore more BF4 modes as i'm getting tired of the 3D spotting and how you can't even take cover since the "dorito" will still show the enemy your position. The video below is ~10min and it's a good explanation on what the mode covers. Makes it feel more like BF3 but it DOES force more tactical play.

Why should YOU be playing 'Classic Mode'? - YouTube

Again, i'm only making some suggestions as to what i think would be fun to mix up the game a bit. i've recently hit over 700hrs in BF4 and besides stepping outside for some fresh air, maybe i should hit a few other pubs that run this mode. I also understand as a server admin you don't want to implement certain changes that will scare away your "regular" crowd. I'm just looking for opinions on what you guys feel would be fun. I ran Counterstrike servers and it was hard-enough filling a 20 person server at times, and i can't imagine that on a 64 player scale.

Let me know your thoughts everyone. Again i'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, only trying to hear everyone's opinion.

*EDIT: Marrr, one last idea...if you think it would be easier, you're more than welcome in my Mumble server and maybe we can all collaborate one night since it's easier for something like this to be discussed? We can grab Bush, Pope, etc. and talk a bit more.
    Last edited by HSA_Falb0nur; 10-20-2014 at 11:55 AM.

• Computer Specs
      • Processor: i7-920
      • Memory: 9GB
      • Video Card # 1: EVGA Nvidia GTX 760 Superclocked
      • Power Supply: 1KW
      • Monitor: 23"
      • Operating System: Win7
    Bronze Donor

I'm up for these recommendations to change things up.

Gold Donor

Would be a miracle if 'they' finally fixed the lag on some maps, but you never know, optimism ftw

Imo it's good to evaluate and look for improvements every now and again.
    Not always easy to bring into practice though (with having one server) due to not wanting to lose
    regulars over it.

Recently someone asked me if we had already thought about switching to classic mode.
    Maybe we should ask regulars if they are interested in it, see if a switch is well supported...
    Last edited by Deemnath88; 10-21-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    • Computer Specs
      • Case: LIAN LI PC-60BPLUSII W Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower
      • Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO
      • Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz
      • Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
      • Video Card # 1: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7950 Boost 3GB
      • Hard Drive # 1: SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
      • Hard Drive # 2: Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB
      • Hard Drive # 3: Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB
      • Hard Drive # 4: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB
      • Optical Drive # 1: PLEXTOR 18X DVD±R Super Multi DVD Burner
      • Optical Drive # 2: LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner
      • Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling S75QB 750W
      • Monitor: NEC Display Solutions FE992-BK Black 19" CRT Monitor
      • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
      • Headset: SENNHEISER PC160
      • Mice: SteelSeries Kinzu v2 Optical Gaming Mouse
      • Keyboard: Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 White LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red Cherry MX)
    Steam ID: marrr

Quote Originally Posted by HSA_Falb0nur View Post
    Sorry guys, for whatever reason my email notifications stopped coming through so i never checked back here.

Marrr, i think the rotation is ok with the exception of Paracel Storm starting as the 1st map, and Flood Zone right afterwards. I'll get back with you on what would be awesome. Please understand i'm only voicing my PERSONAL opinion as someone who's in your server daily for the past ~6months now and it'd be nice for at least those two maps to be separated, and i understand that i'm not the only person playing so ultimately it's your call. Only trying to help

Does Hainan still lag even after the latest update? i have not played that map in a long time so i'm still not sure

Also, have you guys considered possibly running the pub with "Classic Mode"? maybe for even a weekend? This might not fit your pub's style but IMO i've been wanting to explore more BF4 modes as i'm getting tired of the 3D spotting and how you can't even take cover since the "dorito" will still show the enemy your position. The video below is ~10min and it's a good explanation on what the mode covers. Makes it feel more like BF3 but it DOES force more tactical play.

Why should YOU be playing 'Classic Mode'? - YouTube

Again, i'm only making some suggestions as to what i think would be fun to mix up the game a bit. i've recently hit over 700hrs in BF4 and besides stepping outside for some fresh air, maybe i should hit a few other pubs that run this mode. I also understand as a server admin you don't want to implement certain changes that will scare away your "regular" crowd. I'm just looking for opinions on what you guys feel would be fun. I ran Counterstrike servers and it was hard-enough filling a 20 person server at times, and i can't imagine that on a 64 player scale.

Let me know your thoughts everyone. Again i'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, only trying to hear everyone's opinion.

*EDIT: Marrr, one last idea...if you think it would be easier, you're more than welcome in my Mumble server and maybe we can all collaborate one night since it's easier for something like this to be discussed? We can grab Bush, Pope, etc. and talk a bit more.
    Ok, I put Hainan back into the rotation, so please keep an eye out for the lag. I also made it, so flood zone is now before dawnbreaker.

Current rotation is
    Paracel
    Zavod
    Shanghai
    Rogue
    Locker
    Hainan
    Golmud
    Flood
    Dawnbreaker

I'm fine with adjusting the map rotation, but when it comes to changing the mode it makes me nervous.. When I looked at the server list only a couple USA servers had people in them. is that mode even popular? I might be willing to change the server for 1 weekend, but don't hold me to it.

DICE should have made classic mode + 3rd person vehicles the "normal preset" in both BF4 & BF3, but they want the COD kids.

There is nothing wrong with you sharing your opinions on stuff.

I think here is the best place to discuss this.

Gold Donor

thank you for the changes Mar! I'll report back later tonight with Hainan performance, if it's bad you can go ahead and yoink it again.

I'm hopping in the pub now

Gold Donor

Hainan didn't seem terrible, but then again C never came down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast