New Server Contributor
    Steam ID: blaaam

Re: Kony 2012

this shit is so fake

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Gold Donor

Good, good post Josh!
    Will certainly do! Will post this on both of my FB accounts and will try to wall paper my city with flyers like these best as I can for april 20th!
    Many silent wars/ supressions/ abusement like this all over the world, so many that alone you hardly know where to start to help. Very nice going of the guy in the vid and ty to social media for bringing people together and act better upon crimes like this!

How is it fake, btw?
    Last edited by Deemnath88; 03-07-2012 at 07:34 PM.

• Computer Specs
      • Case: Corsair 600CM
      • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • Processor: Core i7 3770K
      • Memory: 16GB GeIL EVO DDR3 2400
      • Video Card # 1: Nvidia GTX680
      • Hard Drive # 1: 240 GB Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe SSD
      • Optical Drive # 1: LITE-ON Black 20X DVD Burner
      • Power Supply: CORSAIR HX 850 Watt Modular
      • Sound Card: Onbaord 5.1
      • Monitor: BenQ XL2420TX
      • Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
      • Headset: Roccat Kave 5.1
    Gold Donor
    New Server Contributor

The only reason this is getting any attention it b/c of the recent discovery of a mass oil source in Uganda also its funny how the US says they are not interested but they want to send 100+ troops to go after Kony
    Yes Kony is an evil man but he is not the source, the dictatorship is Uganda is the one to blame.

Gold Donor

Quote Originally Posted by blAAAm!!! View Post
    Yes Kony is an evil man but he is not the source, the dictatorship is Uganda is the one to blame.
    I don't know about the oil, but it doesnt surprise me at all that yet again money and personal benefit is involved.
    I agree that the dictatorship or any other governement in countries like that are responsable for people being poor and even forced to violence. However this doesn't
    mean we shouldn't do anything...If in this process kids get a better life,
    even if it's not as many as we hope, it's worth it imo. Also the West (in)directly makes sure those countries stay poor, so we can be rich and richer... All in the name of capitalism... maybe this economics crisis is the best thing that could happen to the world. Re-balancing,...perhaps an other system someday that's not made out of money and greed... I'll try to help though, it's the least I can do. If we all think it won't work and it's useless nothing will ever change... I prefer to be a sucker for failing instead of being one for not trying...
    Last edited by Deemnath88; 03-07-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Gold Donor
    Steam ID: madstyler HLSTATS ID: 403

Am I the only one who is suspicious about Invisible Children, the organisation behind Kony 2012? : DAE

I've done a fair bit of looking into it, and everything doesn't add up. Heres my findings and I have included sources. Will probably get down voted to hell but I hope to give at least one of you a better understanding of whats going on.

Theres ALWAYS two sides to every story. This viral film has caught the attention of heaps of young folk but you are all far too late. Watching that Kony video is essentially watching old news. They started filming in 2003, and northern Uganda has been free of LRA violence and war for over five years. In fact, the LRA have signed a peace accord! They are rebuilding and are restoring the peace.

Yes the leader is still out there however the recruitment of children has decreased 80%. This isn't due to the Invisible Children organisation, its because Ugandan military and the ICC have intercepted. The Invisible Children group are trying to pass a bill that allows America to militarise the region... They are providing misinformation to woo idealistic followers. The group have combined multiple regional conflicts to make it appear that this is one rapidly increasing issue. When confronted about their dodgy tactics, the head spokesperson stated;

“I agree with you that leading people to believe that the war is still happening in Uganda is not ethically right. It's something we've been addressing internally, focusing on getting all staff and supporters on the same page (of communication)."

If you read the news, or even had an ounce of interest in the on-going unrest in Africa you would already know this and not be fooled. Yes, awful things happen to people in 3rd world countries but this has been occurring for centuries, it isn't a recent occurrence.

I think its only fair if I am to make such comments I provide sources (unlike the people over at Invisible Children...)

SOURCES: Michael Kirkpatrick, a long-time Independent Global Citizen, he has resided in Uganda and other regions of Africa. He has no political, religious or financial agenda. He wrote this article and gave an in-depth insight to whats really going on. He also questioned important members of Invisible Children about their motives. http://www.blackstarnews.com/news/12...010-06-02.html

Charity Navigator is a website that breaks down the proceeds and donations given to Invisible Children and subsequently shows what percentile of that is REALLY going towards these impoverished kids. A measly slither of what is going into the founders pockets. Charity Navigator Rating - Invisible Children

I've read an interesting passage from Northern Ugandan man however it is not 100% verified - he has advised the Northern Ugandan parliament have listed IC as their main priority on their "fraudulent activity" list. (See 2nd comment, username Livingstone). Martin County students help Ugandan children - Topix

THIS article asking Invisible Children why they were pressuring poor AND illegal piece of legislation has since been removed and deleted. http://blog.invisiblechildren.com/20...m-lisa-dougan/

ADDITIONALLY - There were members of Invisible Children were saying what their "allowance" could purchase them, it was on a forum on the official website, and this has also been REMOVED. http://blog.invisiblechildren.com/?p=5901

Also: The Gauntlet News - Barry from Look What I Did responds to Invisible Children Organization.html I have a few more sources if anybody is looking for a specific answer, or where I got a certain fact, please just feel free to ask.
    I'll leave this here..

Images
    • Computer Specs
      • Case: Alienware MX-15
      • Processor: Intel Core i7 740 QM @ 1.73ghz
      • Memory: 6gb Ram
      • Video Card # 1: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M
      • Hard Drive # 1: 600gb Samsung HM640JJ ATA
    Gold Donor
    XFIRE ID: joshuaanders86 Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42422538

Quote Originally Posted by MadStyle View Post

I'll leave this here..
    Seriously?????? Ok, so I kill you kids and flee to the Jungle. Are you going to sit back and just let me go free??? The man committed crimes against civilians (Murder, kidnapping ect. ). But I guess in your eyes he doesn't need to be brought to justice because he moved 5 years ago and signed some peace accord. Give me a break. Using your logic Ill go rob a bank Kill everyone in it and immediately sign a peace accord and move into the forest so no one will care anymore.

from your post
    "Yes the leader is still out there however the recruitment of children has decreased 80%."

80% 80% 80% this is not 100% !!!! They state he has taken over 30,000 children. 80% so what we aren't going to care about the other few thousand that he is still recruiting???

Seriously I don't care if this is old news or not. This guy committed crimes of unspeakable horror. I for one am not going to just say to hell with him. I want him brought to justice!

Besides if nothing else it will show the American People that we still can make change....
    At this moment in time I feel we have absolute no control over our government.
    Last edited by Josh; 03-07-2012 at 08:25 PM.

• Computer Specs
      • Case: Corsair 600CM
      • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • Processor: Core i7 3770K
      • Memory: 16GB GeIL EVO DDR3 2400
      • Video Card # 1: Nvidia GTX680
      • Hard Drive # 1: 240 GB Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe SSD
      • Optical Drive # 1: LITE-ON Black 20X DVD Burner
      • Power Supply: CORSAIR HX 850 Watt Modular
      • Sound Card: Onbaord 5.1
      • Monitor: BenQ XL2420TX
      • Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
      • Headset: Roccat Kave 5.1
    Gold Donor
    New Server Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by bigstink View Post
    Seriously I don't care if this is old news or not. This guy committed crimes of unspeakable horror. I for one am not going to just say to hell with him. I want him brought to justice!
    You could say this about so may American Politicians and a lot of U.S Soldiers. This Guy killed 24 unarmed Men, Women and Children and he got his charges dropped.

Gold Donor
    Steam ID: madstyler HLSTATS ID: 403

Quote Originally Posted by bigstink View Post
    Seriously?????? Ok, so I kill you kids and flee to the Jungle. Are you going to sit back and just let me go free??? The man committed crimes against civilians (Murder, kidnapping ect. ). But I guess in your eyes he doesn't need to be brought to justice because he moved 5 years ago and signed some peace accord. Give me a break. Using your logic Ill go rob a bank Kill everyone in it and immediately sign a peace accord and move into the forest so no one will care anymore.

from your post
    "Yes the leader is still out there however the recruitment of children has decreased 80%."

80% 80% 80% this is not 100% !!!! They state he has taken over 30,000 children. 80% so what we aren't going to care about the other few thousand that he is still recruiting???

Besides if nothing else it will show the American People that we still can make change....
    At this moment in time I feel we have absolute no control over our government.
    (SMH) The events that happened are disgusting, What I am skeptical of is the INVISIBLE CHILDREN organization and their tactics, the POINT OF MY POST. You can huff and puff about it all you want, if people are donating money to this organization and it's not being used as intended makes it even more disgusting.

Think Twice Before Donating to Kony 2012, the Charitable Meme du Jour
    Last edited by MadStyle; 03-07-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Images
    • Computer Specs
      • Case: Alienware MX-15
      • Processor: Intel Core i7 740 QM @ 1.73ghz
      • Memory: 6gb Ram
      • Video Card # 1: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M
      • Hard Drive # 1: 600gb Samsung HM640JJ ATA
    Gold Donor
    XFIRE ID: joshuaanders86 Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42422538

Quote Originally Posted by MadStyle View Post
    (SMH) The events that happened are disgusting, What I am skeptical of is the INVISIBLE CHILDREN organization and their tactics, the POINT OF MY POST.

Think Twice Before Donating to Kony 2012, the Charitable Meme du Jour
    Please do not take my thoughts to heart. I would never actually donate to a fund such as this. I had rather put my money to use helping people in America and we all know there are people that need help. But on the other hand the Government seems to find ways to spend money all the time anyway so If nothing else maybe with enough support the government will spend its tax dollars and go get this guy and bring him to justice.

Gold Donor

I admit the video did it's job and worked on emotions and it would have been better to check out their
    possible double agenda and intentions before replying...
    It hardly changed my mind though... Something need to change anyways...
    Not by donating but by removing such governements...bring issues like these to the attention...
    And as Josh said, Kony needs to be brought to justice either way...
    Even after his peace accord Kony didn't stop... it reduced, but didn't stop and still it's (at least in NL)
    recommended to not go there by embassies etc. cause of political and rebel tensions.

Sure there are other people who should be brought to court aswell, but cause some got their charges dropped
    is no excuse to be indifferent to all the other shit that happens...
    Last edited by Deemnath88; 03-07-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Wannabe Crazy Canadian EverBlue's Avatar
    • Computer Specs
      • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.8GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
      • Memory: 3326MB RAM
      • Video Card # 1: Radeon X 1650 Series
      • Hard Drive # 1: 200GB
      • Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
    Gold Donor
    New Server Contributor
    XFIRE ID: EverBlue91 Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964654669 HLSTATS ID: 746

That's the biggest thing I already hate about this movement.
    Nobody is doing any research or looking into the issues there besides the information that is passed through the video.

Here's some pretty good pieces:
    Taking ‘Kony 2012′ Down A Notch | Justice in Conflict
    The idea of “stopping Kony”, of course plays into the narrative created by the ‘Kony 2012′ campaign where what actually happens to Kony and the LRA is irrelevant. The unspecific aim of “stopping” him is sufficient. Who, after all, doesn’t want Kony “stopped”? But then what? If Kony is killed or captured, then what? What happens to the other members of the LRA? ‘Kony 2012′ offers no answers here.
    The Daily What
    By IC’s own admission, only 31% of all the funds they receive go toward actually helping anyone [pdf]. The rest go to line the pockets of the three people in charge of the organization, to pay for their travel expenses (over $1 million in the last year alone) and to fund their filmmaking business (also over a million) — which is quite an effective way to make more money, as clearly illustrated by the fact that so many can’t seem to stop forwarding their well-engineered emotional blackmail to everyone they’ve ever known.
    Let’s not get our lines crossed: The Lord’s Resistance Army is bad news. And Joseph Kony is a very bad man, and needs to be stopped. But propping up Uganda’s decades-old dictatorship and its military arm, which has been accused by the UN of committing unspeakable atrocities and itself facilitated the recruitment of child soldiers, is not the way to go about it.
    There are LOTS more out there, just look around.
    Only the insane have the strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Gold Donor
    Steam ID: ecip

Heard about this Kony thing in the news last night. Seems quite popular and is spreading like wildfire through social media. Havent heard of it before. But if Kony is a target, why not the Warburgs? or Goldman Sachs? etc. They are all much more evil. I demand their immediate arrest and execution. Or just execution. lol

Images
    • Computer Specs
      • Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D
      • Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65
      • Processor: Intel i7-3770K + Corsair H110
      • Memory: G. Skill Ares 32gb DDR3-1866
      • Video Card # 1: Sapphire HD 7990 6gb
      • Hard Drive # 1: Toshiba Q Series 512gb
      • Power Supply: Corsair AX750
      • Sound Card: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD
      • Monitor: Auria 27" 2560x1440p
      • Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
      • Headset: UE Triple Fi 10
    Gold Donor

They are using kids, it's basic psych 101. You look, you feel, you relate. This man doesn't have backup or is not depending on anyone or not funded by anyone. If America wanted him dead, his gone already.

Blog Entries
    Images
    • Computer Specs
      • Case: Antec 900 UGC
      • Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
      • Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965
      • Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB DDR3
      • Video Card # 1: ATI Radeon HD 5830 1024MB
      • Hard Drive # 1: Seagate Barracuda SATA 3GB/s 1TB HDD
      • Hard Drive # 2: Seagate Barracuda SATA 3GB/s 1TB HDD
      • Optical Drive # 1: Samgsung OCTOedge CD/DVD-W
      • Power Supply: OCZ ModXstream Pro 600W
      • Monitor: Sylvania 32" HDTV 1080p 60hz
      • Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
      • Headset: Turtle Beach X12
    Steam ID: MuseA7X HLSTATS ID: 333296

Everyone that sees this Kony 2012 thing immediately wants to help. Sure, helping it a great thing to do. The problem is that everyone helps by donating to Invisible Children. I advise you to NOT donate to them. They have a VERY low rating as an organization/charity, they give about 20% of your donation to the actual cause (the rest goes to greedy ass employees and movie funds).

And on top of that, another reason you shouldn't ever donate is because you'd be funding the rape of thousands of people in Africa. Yes. Rape. The Ugandan army along with many other groups rape people left and right. Hey, let's be honest, that's what everyone does in Africa.

And another HUGE thing people miss about this: this entire event has been going on for about 20 YEARS. It didn't just pick up speed at all. It's been going full force for 20 years now. The sad part: no government on earth wants to help out with this situation because of the massive risk they take in possibly killing thousands upon thousands of army-enslaved African kids just to get to one guy.

So please, don't donate to the Invisible Children charity. And don't be extremely naive about this.
    Crab legs, crab legs, crab legs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast