Thread: omen for change

Gold Donor
    Steam ID: music_display HLSTATS ID: 233526

omen for change

hmm, is it fair for me to post up an idea? I don't know, I have one and I thought I'd share.

So I been on a No Heroes server and it's got barnblitz and a couple of other payloads and it hit me that I haven't really played another map for a long time aside from gold/bad... and it hit me, how come iO doesn't setup a good payload server with a two-map rotation with, idk barnblitz and badwater?

the title is "omen for change" cause I see the gold/bad server down now like... a lot.... so I thought hey maybe it is an omen. I been playing in this server for a long ass time, like 3 years so not as much as a lot of peeps but I don't want to see it die when I have had a lot of fun there!
    Last edited by Display; 10-19-2013 at 11:13 PM.

Gold Donor
    XFIRE ID: nickynitro

Re: omen for change

I hear you on this. We need to make some overhauls to the community itself and get everything back on the right track. IT hasn't helped that both our game server box and web server have been a target of a massive DDoS about 2-4 times a week.
    www.iOGaming.NET
    iO Founder and CEO
    Donate to OUR community: http://iogaming.net/donate

Gold Donor
    Steam ID: theflyingbuddha HLSTATS ID: 258805

yeah, we are seriously in need of something.

• Computer Specs
      • Case: Corsair 600CM
      • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • Processor: Core i7 3770K
      • Memory: 16GB GeIL EVO DDR3 2400
      • Video Card # 1: Nvidia GTX680
      • Hard Drive # 1: 240 GB Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe SSD
      • Optical Drive # 1: LITE-ON Black 20X DVD Burner
      • Power Supply: CORSAIR HX 850 Watt Modular
      • Sound Card: Onbaord 5.1
      • Monitor: BenQ XL2420TX
      • Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
      • Headset: Roccat Kave 5.1
    Gold Donor
    New Server Contributor
    Steam ID: blaaam

NH Gold/Bad Server has also been getting DDoS a lot lately too. They keep changing the IP's but its not really helping.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001024018/ HLSTATS ID: 0:0:20379145

Community is dead because we dont listen to suggestions. We struggle to fill 1 damn server. Thats not the iO we all have been apart of for 3-4 years. Somewhere along the way we decided to stop listening to suggestions and just do whatever. We should add thunder or some shit to the rotation to bring in some change

Blog Entries
    • Computer Specs
      • Case: CM Storm Sniper
      • Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P
      • Processor: Intel Q8400
      • Memory: 4GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive # 2: 40GB IDE
      • Optical Drive # 1: Sony DVD+/-RW DL
      • Power Supply: 400W
      • Monitor: 21" Acer
    Gold Donor
    Steam ID: wafflesandsyrup

We kept changing server rotations a long time ago, but it never worked out. I'm honestly not sure why we couldn't do cool rotations successfully.

Gold Donor
    Steam ID: music_display HLSTATS ID: 233526

I am not sure of the technical side of running a server nor am I interested in understanding the mechanics.

I do however, provide a simple idea of promoting a server once it's stabilized. It helps a lot when it comes from outside the iO community, people filling the server (even sitting in spec helps when you are the first few to enter). iO has a great niche that I have always admired and came to it when it comes to TF2 and will continue to help out in whatever way I can ... so long as I don't have to read a manual on how to run a server/stop cyber attacks - lol.

Regarding the post above, from my understanding, the gold/bad server has worked well over the years without a need to change it. My idea, is now that the servers have sat empty for sometime (due to reasons named), it may be an oppertunistic time to make any necessary and large changes that would benefit it in the long-run.

ReD

What happened to you guys? I read that you're getting DDoS'ed and the TF2 community is dead? I know the game is a far cry from what it used to be but that alone shouldn't have killed this community.
    Last edited by ReD; 10-25-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Gold Donor
    Steam ID: theflyingbuddha HLSTATS ID: 258805

I can't even get Goldbad to populate anymore....=(

Gold Donor

I imagine the lure of the same 2 maps, as fun as they are, dies over time. 5 years is a long time to play one game and steam makes it easy to have a huge variety. Plus you have people going off and starting families or going to school and losing interest. I do hope there will be some interest in the halloween stuff this year at least.

Edit: I just realized it has been almost 4 years since I joined the community. For me that is nearly an eternity and very unusual.