Banned

[How To] Installing Team Fortress 2 Sprays

This again is another extremely popular topic that enters a lot of conversations with myself and many of my steam friends, much like the Winrar topic I will be writing this as a way to redirect people towards the proper information rather then have to explain it 74 times. Enjoy!

Guide Requirements

1. You have to have a spray already made or downloaded, if you're interested in some good sprays check out Game Sprays - Team Fortress 2 Sprays sub section, they have hundreds if not thousands of Sprays for Team Fortress 2. FPS Banana is also another popular choice amongst people that are looking for a Team Fortress 2 spray.
    2. Windows operating system, this guide is written while using Windows XP Service Pack 3, while it may be slightly different for Windows Vista and Windows 7 I have faith in the general public's ability to figure it out.
    3. Team Fortress 2 Installed in the Default Directory, custom directories will work but the guide isn't written with this in mind.
    4. You know how to read, that means you won't be able to decipher this KRosen, sorry!

Click to download

Installing the Spray
    Step 1: Left click on the spray you've just downloaded with your mouse once and press Control (Ctrl) + C while it's selected, this will copy the spray to your clipboard on Windows, view the image below for what the image should look like when selected.

Step 2: Open "My Computer" from the Start Menu by left clicking once on the "My Computer" Icon with your mouse button, for an example on how to do this view the image below!

Step 3: Now that "My Computer" is open comes the fun part, navigate to the following directory, \Steam\steamapps\(your username)\team fortress 2\tf\materials\VGUI\logos\ to get to this folder read the next few steps, if you know how to get there on your own simply Copy + Paste the Spray into the Logos folder and the UI Folder (the UI folder is in the Logos folder). After you've done that skip ahead to step # to continue installing your spray.

Step 4: From "My Computer" open the C Drive (or whatever your drive is that Steam is installed on) by double clicking with the left mouse button, view the image below for what you're going to click on.

Step 5: Now that you're in your directory double click on Program Files with the Left Mouse button, this will open Program Files and will allow you to continue to the next step. View the image below for an example of what you're going to click on.

Step 6: Now that we're in the Program Files folder you're going to have to locate the Steam Folder (Press S and it will be easier), once you have located the Steam Folder double click with your left mouse button to open it. View the image below for an example of what you're going to click on.

Step 7: Now that you're hopefully in the Steam Folder you're going to need to locate the "Steamapps" folder, when you have found it the folder we're looking for once again double click on it with your left mouse button, this will open the folder. View the image below for an example of what you're going to click on.

Step 8: Once you're in the Steamapps folder we're going to have to click on the folder with your account name on it, for me my account name is "xHatred" (xhatred), when you have found your account folder double click on it with your left mouse button. View the image below for an example of what you're going to click on.

Step 9: One you're in your account folder (xHatred) locate the Team Fortress 2 folder and double click on it with your left mouse button. View the image below for an example of what you're going to click on.

Step 10: Now that you're in the Team Fortress 2 folder you're going to need to locate the "tf" folder, when you have located this folder double click on it with your mouse button. View the image below for an example of what you're going to click on.

Step 11: Now that you're in the tf folder you're going to need to locate the "materials" folder, when you have located this folder double click on it with your mouse button. View the image below for an example of what you're going to click on.

Step 12: Now that you're in the Materials folder you're going to need to either Create (Right Click + Create New Folder, name it VGUI) or locate the folder called "VGUI" (all capitals) and double click on it with your left mouse button. View the image below for an example of what you're going to click on.

Step 13: Now that you're in the VGUI folder you're going to need to either Create (Right Click + Create New Folder, name it logos) or locate the folder called "logos" (all lowercase letters) and double click on it with your left mouse button. View the image below for an example of what you're going to click on.

Step 14: Now that you're in the Logos folder you're going to need to Right Click anywhere in the logos folder / explorer window and select the "Paste" option with your left mouse button, for an example of what you're going to do view the image below.

Step 15: While you're in the Logos folder create another folder called "UI" or open it if it already exists (All Capitals) by double clicking on the folder with your left mouse button.

Step 16:Now that you're in the UI Folder as with Step #14 you're going to have to Right Click anywhere within the UI folder / explorer window and paste the signature into that particular folder, to view what you're going to do see the image below.

Congratulations you have now installed your Team Fortress 2 spray, all that's left to do is "Import" the spray from within the game through the multiplayer tab, the spray needs to be imported from the logos folder and not the UI folder.

Last edited by WildFire; 11-19-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Banned
    Space reserved for future updates, feel free to sticky this topic and move it to the Faq's and Stuff You Should Know section of the forums if you want as I cannot post there, additionally this guide is completely original content for iO, if you are going to use it please Link back to this page and include "Topic created by [iO] WildFire" at the top or the bottom of the post / article.

Somewhere in the northwestern hemisphere.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001071340
    Thanks for your permission to sticky a guide you made on a internet forum and give you credit should we link it, because obviously your name at the top of the post and in the posters box wouldn't give a clue.

Nice guide WF
    [iO] Jesus: Sorak is pretty chill.
    [iO] NiCkYNiTRO: iO would be nothing without him.
    [iO] NiCkYNiTRO: If Sorak doesn't stop misquoting people in his sig I swear to god I'll ban him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorak View Post
    Thanks for your permission to sticky a guide you made on a internet forum and give you credit should we link it, because obviously your name at the top of the post and in the posters box wouldn't give a clue.

Nice guide WF
    More or less so people know I want the original source to be included, had a few of my topics stolen and reposted on Facepunch, etc.

• Computer Specs
      • Motherboard: Gigabyte P-35
      • Processor: Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz
      • Memory: Crucial Ballistix 4GB
      • Video Card # 1: EVGA Nvida 8800GTS 640MB
      • Hard Drive # 1: WD Velociraptor 300GB
      • Hard Drive # 2: Seagate 7200.10 500GB
      • Hard Drive # 3: Seagate 7200.10 500GB
      • Hard Drive # 4: Seagate 7200.10 500GB
      • Monitor: Dell 2408WFP-HC
      • Operating System: Win 7 RC1 Build 7100
    Gold Donor
    New Server Contributor
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970300149 HLSTATS ID: 41011
    Nice Guide, WF!

I am far more interested in what's in the folder on Wildfire's desktop called "Stuff". I bet if you open it, it's full of BACON.

"Time doesn't always heal, it just breathes and swallows memories."

Banned
    The stuff folder is a simple concept really, rather then have thousands of icons on my desktop I can sort and organize my files into a single folder on my desktop, Music, Images, Guides, etc are all stored in it.

great tutorial mate