• Processor: Intel Q8400
      • Memory: 4GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive # 2: 40GB IDE
      • Optical Drive # 1: Sony DVD+/-RW DL
      • Power Supply: 400W
      • Monitor: 21" Acer
    Gold Donor
    Steam ID: wafflesandsyrup

Arrow [How To] Donating To itsOver Is Easy!

Side-notes: All boxes should be selected/filled to match your own information. Also, the amounts in this tutorial will not be the same because I actually had to donate to finish the tutorial. Wasn't expecting that. Last but not least, don't give if you've got a bill due. While we appreciate your enthusiasm, you kind of need to pay your own bills first, so you can have electricity to play games with us.
    ------------------------------------

So, people come to me saying, "Dave, you rock. Your ability to administrate exceeds my expectations. Is there any way I can ever repay you for your awesomeness? Maybe by having your kids?" By the way, I'm only open to women having my kids. Sorry, men.

To answer the questions, no, there is no way to repay me besides your humbling compliments, but there is a way to repay the community as a whole. No, it's not by having my kids.
    Donating money to itsOver is so much more than just passing on your hard-earned money for some server invoices. My friend, by donating to itsOver, you are ensuring that we not only continue to maintain the variety of quality game servers we host for you, but that we can start having monthly giveaways/contests, add more gameservers (which is a good reason in-and-of itself), support the competitive teams through the various fees they need to pay, not to mention you'll feel good about yourself, and can safely pat yourself on the back before going to sleep, knowing that your money is safe with us. Which leads us to...

The security of your payment. Now, as an organization based on the internet, it wouldn't be right for us to tell you, "[insert name here], please please send a $100 check to this vague person". I dunno about you, but I'd sure as heck wouldn't stick around that place for long, let alone hand them my money. That's why we use a secure company, PayPal™, to handle all of our donations. Because we care about our members, guests, and donators, we want to insure that your money makes it to it's destination safely and effeciently. A few things will help you feel right about using your information online.

Trust - Never hand out money if you don't know who or what the person/company is.
    Awareness - There's only one itsOver Gaming. Nicky F. is the CEO/Founder (or one of them, I should say). Marrr, Shocker, and Ice are also the higher-ups here. BEWARE OF IMITATORS. The only way you should ever give money to us online is via PayPal.
    Pretty Pictures - Finally, you should always check to make sure your browser address bar looks like the following images (note, older browsers may vary, but the certificate should still be legit). Also, the URL for PayPal™ should always start with "https://" meaning secure HTTP.

Internet Explorer 7 - Golden icon with light blue background

FireFox 3 - Blue "P" icon with "PayPal Inc. (US)" over a green background
    Last edited by 1up_dave; 08-06-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    • Computer Specs
      • Case: CM Storm Sniper
      • Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45T-USB3P
    Gold Donor

You may be thinking to yourself, "What do I need to help you guys out financially?" Or, maybe "Why is the song named Pork N' Beans?" If you were wondering about the latter, please go get help. As for the former question, all you need is:

- A credit or debit card (Any type is accepted) or a valid checking/savings account
    - A computer jacked into the internet
    - Web browser (I Recommend FireFox 3)
    - Less than ten minutes of your time

Next, open your favorite browser. Hey, you're already here! Then navigate to our dedicated donation page.
    This can be done by going directly to http://www.iogaming.net/donate.php, clicking the button at the top navigation bar, or by using the PayPal button on the right-side of the homepage.

You will then be confronted with a page that looks like this:

Now To Decide How To Donate
    There's two ways to donate money: One-time payment, or a recurring (monthly) automatic payment. Either way, we still appreciate it.

Ok, here's the juicy part. And where the actual tutorial starts. Mostly pictures, because at this point I've already spent 3+ hours on this, and will edit it later.
    Last edited by 1up_dave; 08-06-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    • Computer Specs
    Gold Donor

Click "Donate"

BEFORE going anywhere else, you must fill-in1 how much (in USD) you'd like to give. You can put in cents, or omit them. DO NOT use the dollar sign. After that, click "Update Total"2 so the page can reload with the new amount.
    Examples: 20, 20.00 or 20.25 is acceptable. $20 is not.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE PAYPAL
    Down the left-side, click the "Continue" link where it says "Use your credit card or bank account (where available)"

NEXT, fill in all of the required information. Again, this is a completely secure system, and nearly all of your information will not even touch itsOver, with the sole exception of your email (which we will NEVER sell or use without your written consent). After you fill out the form, click "Review Donation And Continue". At this point, we will still not deduct your donation from your credit/debit/bank account.

IF YOU DO HAVE PAYPAL
    Just login as usual
    Last edited by 1up_dave; 07-16-2008 at 02:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    • Computer Specs
    Gold Donor
    Now, put your in-game name into the box by click the "Please leave in game name". MAKE SURE THE INFORMATION IS CORRECT!!!
    Then click "Donate $##.## USD Now" (Where # represents the amount you've chosen to donate)

Automatic donations are taken monthly from your PayPal™ account then transfered to us. The amount withdrawn will never fluctuate without your prior explicit consent. Some say that they love donating to awesome gaming communities so much, that they really wanted to give us the same donation ammount reliably and securely every month to help us expand beyond our current reach. Well, good sir and/or madam, you're in luck.

So, choose the amount you want by 1typing in your in-game name above the amount you want to commit to, then 2clicking the ammount, which will take you to our PayPal page.

Next, either login to your PayPal™ account or click the appropriate link for not having an account. Then follow the instructions on your screen.

Finally, confirm your information and click "Pay". That's it, you're setup for monthly payments! You are now a valued donor to itsOver.

Now after some time, you may feel that you would like to cancel your monthly payment, or perhaps change the amount. Well, don't despair, we wouldn't get you set up with something and leave you to die with a recurring payment. To unsubscribe, simply visit our Donations page, click "Unsubscribe" button, log in to your PayPal™ account, then follow the instructions from there.

Blog Entries
    • Computer Specs
    Gold Donor

Feel proud, for you, special member/guest/visitor, are now in the list of donators. You will now be added to a list of donors, but if, by chance, you don't want to be placed on the list, you can send a PM to marrr and he will make sure not to add you.

That about sums up the itsOver donations. We're glad you chose to donate whatever amount to help keep this fine organization running, and wish you good times at itsOver!
    We hope you've enjoyed this educational breifing. Next week, the topic will be "Our Admins & You"...

Excellent work, my friend. Great write up!
    Last edited by Jaxen; 07-16-2008 at 02:26 AM.

Wow. that has to be one of the best tutorials ive yet to see. great work dude, and ill try to find someone bout having your kids...

Originally Posted by GTX440+6 View Post
    Thy points are gone....
    Join with me jonny-boy, ride my coat-tails to many glorious victories,
    I am SATAN!!!! Pray to me, watch as the world trembles in fear, hope
    you like hookers, there are lots in HELL.....WTF!!!!!!
    Need more sleep and less WEED....????....LOL.

• Computer Specs
      • Processor: Intel Pentium D Dual Core CPU 2.80GHz
      • Memory: 1278MB RAM (Yeah... I know)
      • Video Card # 1: RADEON x300 128.0 MB Hypermemory (It's really only 64 Mb but it taps into my ram.)
      • Sound Card: Sigmatel Audio
      • Monitor: Dell 2007WFP (Analog) 20"
      • Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1 Build 2600)
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197980617627 HLSTATS ID: 700
    dude.... how much free time do you have?

Blog Entries
    • Computer Specs
    Gold Donor
    Specifically, on this project? About 10-12 hours, give or take a few. And thanks for the compliments. Hopefully this'll help out some people.

• Computer Specs
      • Motherboard: NForce 680 SLi Rev D
      • Processor: E8400 3.0 Duo
      • Memory: 4x1GB DDR2 PC2-6400
      • Video Card # 1: GeForce 8800GT 512MB
      • Hard Drive # 1: Seagate 500GB 7200RPM
      • Power Supply: 750 Watt ATX
      • Monitor: 24" Samsung
      • Operating System: Vista Ultimate 32bit
    Thanks to this amazing guide I finally figured out how to donate! LOL jk but I donated anyways.

Gold Donor
    XFIRE ID: nickynitro
    Thanks a lot dave for posting this. This is great, hopefully it will encourage those who are unsure how this works. Thanks again dude. Keep up the great work. (Also you can help by visiting any of the google ad's that interest you)
    www.iOGaming.NET
    iO Founder and CEO
    Donate to OUR community: http://iogaming.net/donate

Gold Donor
    awesome job dave!!!!!!!
    Shocker/COO of iOGaming

• Computer Specs
      • Processor: Intel Pentium D Dual Core CPU 2.80GHz
      • Memory: 1278MB RAM (Yeah... I know)
      • Video Card # 1: RADEON x300 128.0 MB Hypermemory (It's really only 64 Mb but it taps into my ram.)
      • Sound Card: Sigmatel Audio
      • Monitor: Dell 2007WFP (Analog) 20"
      • Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1 Build 2600)
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197980617627 HLSTATS ID: 700
    wow. I would have quit around the first hour.

you really are amazing... same with the tutorial.

• Computer Specs
      • Motherboard: Gigabyte P-35
      • Processor: Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz
      • Memory: Crucial Ballistix 4GB
      • Video Card # 1: EVGA Nvida 8800GTS 640MB
      • Hard Drive # 1: WD Velociraptor 300GB
      • Hard Drive # 2: Seagate 7200.10 500GB
      • Hard Drive # 3: Seagate 7200.10 500GB
      • Hard Drive # 4: Seagate 7200.10 500GB
      • Monitor: Dell 2408WFP-HC
      • Operating System: Win 7 RC1 Build 7100
    Gold Donor
    New Server Contributor
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970300149 HLSTATS ID: 41011
    NOTE: This information is no longer relevant with re-launch of the new website.

"Time doesn't always heal, it just breathes and swallows memories."