• Hard Drive # 2: 40GB IDE
      • Optical Drive # 1: Sony DVD+/-RW DL
      • Power Supply: 400W
      • Monitor: 21" Acer
    Gold Donor
    Steam ID: wafflesandsyrup

EA close to second 'Worst Company' title; Addresses it arrogantly

EA the worst company in America? Again? | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

EA Responds To Worst Company In America Contest: 'We Can Do Better' - Forbes

I haven't spent a dime on an EA game in years, and until they shape up, I'll continue to do so. I should hope that more gamers start voting with their money.

I agree that there are technically worse companies out there (putting people out of their homes is worse than DRM), but I think EA is the company that more people actually hate, plus they will probably change their tune more quick than any other company in the running.

• Computer Specs
      • Case: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rival-4-Slice-Toaster-White/15231387
    Gold Donor

Re: EA close to second 'Worst Company' title; Addresses it arrogantly

I hate Valve more, I'd rather be inconvienced by a DRM than be permanently banned from game servers with no appeals process. And to be fair, I still don't see Simcity on The Pirate Bay.

Blog Entries
    • Computer Specs
      • Case: Corsair 250D
      • Motherboard: MSI A88XI AC
      • Processor: AMD A10 7850K
      • Memory: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
      • Video Card # 1: AMD 6950 overclocked to 840 Mhz
      • Hard Drive # 1: Toshiba 128 GB SSD
      • Hard Drive # 2: Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB
      • Hard Drive # 3: Samsung HD322GJ 320 GB
      • Optical Drive # 1: Optiarc AD 7240S
      • Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750 G2
      • Sound Card: Onboard Realtek
      • Monitor: Dell U2412M
      • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
      • Headset: Sennheiser PC151
    Gold Donor
    New Server Contributor
    Steam ID: Voudoun

I don't get a lot of this hatred for EA. I might not always like them or agree with what they do, but one of their companies (Bioware) provided multiplayer DLC for Mass Effect 3 for a year free of charge. They've published a lot of good games too. Origin is also much more responsive than Steam, which is sluggish, but does offer better deals.

Moore might also have a point regarding sexuality of game characters affecting votes like this, given some of the vitriolic and bigoted things I've seen. If there's ever a 'worst customer award of the year' I'd vote for gamers.

Gold Donor

Still, Moore counters reasonably: "Every day, millions of people across globe play and love our games -- literally, hundreds of millions more than will vote in this contest."
    Being voted "Worst Company in America" is really closer to being voted "The Company That People Who Are Online A Lot Hate Most," which isn't quite the same thing.
    This is quite a mouth full on Moores account. I'm not sure how accurate he thinks this information is, quite possibly could put him in the standing guaranteed if half the people who do play their games cared enough, wanted to logon, even knew about the poll, any of it. Very well could be that 80% of those hundreds of millions of people hate their product(s). To say these people love their games is a .. far stretch, not to mention, not really 'their' games, giving people incredibly short dead lines, slapping their name on it... doesn't really mean anything except legality. Next question on that will be, do you think it's EA or the companies fault for most of the issues?

I know currently I'm having absurd amount of issues with Origins and Mass-Effect 3. Issues I'm having are not related directly to Mass-effect 3 but their horrible Always Online-DRM scheme. Causing game glitches, crashes and abundant more things. (ME3 crashes as well). That's just Mass Effect, this happens with Dragon-Age and many other of their games. Friends list works when it wants to, showing friends are offline when they're online, showing they're playing a game when they're offline an abundance or more issues with Origin itself.

“Some people think that free-to-play games and micro-transactions are a pox on gaming. Tens of millions more are playing and loving those games.”
    That.. Again probably isn't even true, just because aren't complaining doesn't mean they're 'enjoying it'. I would say DLC and Micro-Transactions are a Pox on gaming. Model where you spend months making a comprehensive (if not years) expansion, where the stories actually tie together and make a smooth experience. Price range of I don't know $40? and possibly 20 hours of gameplay (depending on genre of game obviously) instead of Nickle and diming people DLC for probably close to 60-100$ That's just not an EA issue, but they're bad for it.

“In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games. This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America.”
    I would vote to leave LGBT out as well, however, that being said not because I hate gays or lesbians, rather companies can't do it right. Dragon Age 2, Anders absolute perfect example. Not to mention making everyone's sexuality to be Bi-Sexual, is even more unrealistic then there not being any.

Probably a lot more examples (hundreds if not thousands) of how EA is the worst (gaming/producer) company.

Couple pet peeves I have people who simply assume things, which EA does in nearly all their statements, taking credit for hundreds of millions of people loving their stuff. Nothing proving that they do, just simply putting words in their mouths. That and the most horrible excuses for hacking "Muscle Memory" and "He doesn't hack he's in the top league." Shit makes me roll my eyes like a barrel rolling down a hill
    Last edited by Frostlocke; 04-08-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    "It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, it is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Darwin."